Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Back to School!

 I had to get glasses for driving.  The doctor told me I "barely failed the test" and "You might could go back and try again and not fail".  But at any rate.  Just because I did fail before, They said I needed glasses.  :P



All the kids wanted to try them...so here's their one and only chance.  ;)


Um...this is blurry. lol


 Little old man.  With a binky.





 Back to school!  We're all wearing our pj's except for Noah who is wearing a paint shirt and Emma who is sewn into dresses lately.


So excited!


The word game bucket


Handwriting.  Two left handed parents got three right handed kids so far.  



 Noah:  I promise I'm not coloring on Isaiah's page, or throwing my sticker reward journal on his page, or trying to eat his pencil while he writes, or coloring on the table under his page, or kissing his arm, or anything like that!  I PROMISE!


Mom?  Why is this thing empty?  Where are all the cool pictures?  What?  You have to earn them?  Bummer.  I guess I'll just eat it instead.

 

He DID get a sticker for sitting still and playing nicely with the magnet letters though.  Not that he fully understands the system.


 Wow!  This is much easier when Noah's not sitting on your elbow helping you out!


Noah coloring the table?  Maybe he's actually coloring in his journal?


 Mom!  Look!  I can spell cat!


 I did a set for each girl this time, but next time I think I'll do one set and let the other work on something else.  I collected a bunch of these off of the wipes bags I get.  Then, I taped these words on the top of the lid.  We sound out the word...


and open the lid and see if the word matches the picture.  If it does, they get to keep it.  If it doesn't, we toss it back and try again.  Then, when we've mastered these words, we can take out the paper and make new ones.  What a fun game this was!  

No comments: