Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bible Verses

I made this little book of Bible Verses for the kids to work on. All of the "tassels" around the edge are the color of a corresponding bracelet (strand of embroidery floss). When they learn the verse they get the bracelet. Then I can say, "What does the pink bracelet say?" and they will tell me. We haven't really worked on the references. (I looked up the requirements for AWANA'S kids their ages and they don't do references. That makes me feel better because it's soooo hard to get them to learn the references. I do say the references as I teach them but I'm not so concerned about word perfect references right now. To Abby and Emma it's just a jumble of words anyway...they can barely count to 20 and don't know the books of the Bible...We'll work more on that later.) So anyway, we talk about the verses and I have read the little book to them multiple times. We pick a new verse from it and learn it and add a bracelet. It's a hit!




Isaiah wanted a bracelet too. The girls were learning "Keep your tongue from evil" and so he was walking around saying, "Tongue! Tongue!" and waving his bracelet.



Emma showing off her bracelets. (On a side note, LOOK! I finally took down my Christmas tree! See! Now it's in tubs in the background.)



Abby's Bracelets.



I did not know this would be such a hit. I started this on Tuesday night before bed. Today, (Thursday) Abby has 5 bracelets and is working hard on getting 2 more. Emma has 4 and almost has a 5th! WOW!



1--Pink--Keep your tongue from evil. Psalm 34:13

2--Purple--When I am afraid I will trust in God. Psalm 56:3

3--Yellow--Sing to the Lord. Psalm 96:2

4--Orange--You are the light of the world. Matt 5:14

5--Gold--Children, obey your parents in the Lord. Eph 6:1

6--Brown--The Lord sees me. Gen 16:13

7--Light Pink--Be very careful to love the Lord your God. Josh 23:11

8--Light Green--Depart from all evil and do good. Psalm 34:14

9--Dark Blue--Even a child is known by his actions. Prov 20:11

10--Green--Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Heb 13:8

11--Red--Look to me and be saved. Isaiah 45:22

12--Light Red--Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved. Acts 16:31

13--Blue--Put on the full armor of God. Eph 6:11

14--Princess Pink--Unto you, O God, do we give thanks! Ps 75:1

15--Cream--I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin. Ps 119:11

16--Burgundy--Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. Php 2:5

17--White--Live together in unity. Psalm 133:1

18--Mint Green (Icecream green lol)--So God created people in his own image. Gen 1:27

19--Black--God saw all that he and it was very good. Gen 1:31

20--Brown Ribbon--How can a person keep their way pure? By living according to your word. Ps 119:9

21--Yellow Ribbon--For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

22--Green Ribbon--God is love. 1 John 4:8

23--Light purple--No one can serve two masters. Matt 6:24

24--Red-Orange Fuzzy--Examine my heart and mind. Ps 26:2

No comments: