Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas, Snow, and other things.

"Look, Daddy, Mommy and me are twins!"


Thinking, "Emma, you are cutting in on my twin time..."


The girls.


We have a balloon we can see from our back windows. It goes up to advertise for something every so often. The kids LOVE it.


This is the child who helps me find EVERYTHING dangerous in my house so that the other kids won't find it. :) Yes, she's stuck. She's sooo very, very stuck. No, we didn't have to cut the chair off of her. *wink*


We were having a family movie day in the bedroom. Watching a movie on the computer because we're cool like that.


"Cheese!"


Nap time. Both are asleep.


"I may look happy now, but can you tell that I was screaming lately? My eyebrows are red."


Smiling and laughing are a new trick for him and BOY OH BOY is he generous with them. He smiles and laughs more than any of the other kids did at this age.


Making a gingerbread house. (The roof kept sliding off.) Okay, let's rephrase this. Emma is making the house. Abby and Isaiah are eating stuff and Mommy is taking pictures.... lol Let's be real here. Emma did most of the work.


Abby doesn't like to be sticky. She's gone to wash her hands.


And she's back to snack...and she'll be gone again to wash her hands again. I kept encouraging her to stay and do the whole thing and THEN be done, but she hated being sticky. What can I say? I wash my hands a ton while baking too.


They deal with the sticky by licking it off. (Germy gingerbread house, yes indeed.) It didn't last a whole week before it was all gone.


I got bored one day and discovered a new hobby. Made all of these bows in about 2 hours.


"Mommy take a picture of me and my bows."


Playing tackle, wrestle, and bury the kids in the clean laundry, because, let's get real here, what else is clean laundry for?


Reading the Christmas story and a lot of other stories. Isaiah wants to hear a different version. See how he has Abby's Bible?


And now see how he's gone? He's at my side, reading the same story in Abby's Bible. LOL


Playing with the cars from Aunt Liz.


Can you tell he LOVES his present?


Doll from Aunt Liz. :)


Abby still hasn't quite got the naming thing down. Most of her dolls are not named and she doesn't tell you a name for them if you ask. This doll, however, was a very special doll. The MOMENT she was out of the box, Abby said, "Her name is Princess Aleah. (Uh leah)..." So, yeah, I think she likes this doll. Thanks, Aunt Liz!


Woody! Isaiah is being oh, so patient while Brandon takes all the ties off. Next year, if I remember, I'm totally going to take all the toys out of the ties and stuff and put them back loose in the boxes before wrapping them so they will be much more play ready at the time we open them.


And of course, no Boy with a Woody doll could be complete without...da da da dah! Buzz Lightyear!!! (Thanks, Aunt Jenn and the Daniel family!)


Noah with Noah. ;) "Mom, I'm not amused."


Big Boy underwear came out of his stocking! :) (He's been putting the girls panties on over his clothes for a while now and talking about potty and poop and stuff so I think we're getting close!


The princess got tired out.


Abby with her new doll house. (By the way, she's going to Narnia. See her big coat?)


Her favorite part: a bunk bed just like the real one in her room...sort of. :)



Going to Sarah's house for Christmas. Buzz and Woody and Favorite Blanket are a MUST!


Mini Rachel...er, uh...I mean...Kara. ;)



Isaiah


Emma


Abby



Whoops! The next two are out of order.




The cat is escaping!


"Oh no! Kitty! Oh, no! Kitty!" Rista liked to hide under the tree until Isaiah found her hiding spot. He really didn't want her under there.


Reading books with Mama Lynn.


I have a family of bookworms. I'm so proud!



"Mom, are you sure Aunt Liz is fully qualified for this job?"



Tools! Just like Papa!


Sarah and Michael and Dassah


Mama Lynn, Noah, Liz, and Lexi. (I don't know what Liz is doing here.)


Rachel, Lexi, Isaiah, and Abby.


Playing with the new swingset for the doll house back at home. It's really Emma's just like the doll house is really Abby's. Can you tell that that matters? Public property after a few days. That's the way it goes.


Emma and Papa are building things.
Abby looking at this says, "Papa, helping Emma screw things up." haha funny


Can you tell that there are 3 people running cameras at the same time? Me neither. lol



Fell asleep sitting up.


Fell asleep watching a movie with Daddy.



It's a Dragon Christmas Tree, of course. haha!



Okay, so, here's how it works. Somewhere between 7 and 8 each morning, the Harris house wakes up and the Diaper Brigade begins. Abby is the only one who may or may not be sleeping in a diaper. So that means that there are 3 others at least who may need a diaper change. In the time it takes to change the first 2 or possibly 3, sometimes, Noah falls back asleep...



Look at that belly! Look at that Big Boy underwear! He's so funny! He think's he's big now.



Snow! Finally! Snow! (We'll actually it's the second time they've played in the snow in recent months, but this stuff is going to stick around a little longer.)


Snow ball maker! (Thanks, Paw paw Doug!)



Playing in the snow. It was actually 4* out there and the windchill made it -5 so they have like a million layers on for the like 20 minutes they were out there. (Actually, though, there wasn't much wind so...I'm just going by what the internet told me...)



Isaiah. He can't do much. Just kind of stumble around and wave his arms.



The snow wasn't good for packing but the girls still had fun with the brick maker. They were making "rectangles paths".



D.O.N.E.


N.A.P.


Bundled up.


Abby


"It's so cold out here, Mom."


"I'm done! I'm soooo very done."

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I think we have one of the same comforters... lol. and I like the diaper pic. too funny