Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Just some cute little things from over the years

(Kind of long...newest to oldest)


-When Isaiah first saw his brother this morning, he squealed the most delighted squeal and said, "My Nonah!"

-Why is Noah's head always wet and slimy? Oh, yeah! It's because He is constantly being covered in one-year-old boy kisses!

-When Emma says "Panda Bear" it sounds like "Piano Bear".

-Brandon told Abby she could not do something until she was bigger. She responded with, "When I'm six like you!"

-Abby: Emma hurt my heart! Emma hurt my heart!

-Isaiah likes to play with his brother. If you ask him where his baby is, he'll point to Noah. He even will shush Noah by saying, "Nonah! Nonah!" in a gentle sing song voice when Noah starts crying.

-Today I have: nursed a baby a million times, changed a TON of diapers, dropped a book on my head, rescued my brush from the toilet, packed a few boxes, watched some movies and ate unhealty food, been spit up on, been spit up on some more, not done dishes, been sticky-fied by a 1 year old boy, and have been generally happy. :)

-Abby has caught on to the fact that we are packing up the house. She is "helping" me. She is putting toys and other random items in little bags and stacking them on the box piles I make. Most recently, I found the spanking spoon and wipes box in a backpack she packed up.

-Isaiah was watching a movie. Emma clapped and said, "Yay, Jesus!" Isaiah clapped excitedly and said, "Yay, Jesus!!!"

-I have a clock that plays Christmas music on the hour. At eight o' clock, it plays, "Joy to the world! It's time for bed!" :)

-Emma says, "Baby Noah is my best friend in the world."

-Sometimes Emma responds to something you say with, "Oh! Nice!"

-Isaiah has OCD. LOL I have a sheet hanging over the bookcase hiding our triple stacked books that look messy because we need another shelf. I tucked it up out of the way to put books away and he came over and was pointing at it crying and whining until I fixed it.

-I went into the kitchen and Emma greeted me with "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I looked around and saw nothing amiss so I said, "What did you do?" She replied, "Um...never mind." I said, "No. Really. What did you do?" She said sweetly. "Nothing." Hmm...I wonder what I'm going to discover later....

-Using three spoons to stir the same cake mix so everyone can lick a spoon...priceless.

-Emma said, "Can I watch another movie?' I said, "No. No more TV. You can go find some toys to play with or you can go clean something." She said, "Uh hmmm! Yes, ma'am!" and ran off and started cleaning the toys up.

-One thing my kids eat amazingly well: oatmeal. All 3 of the bigger ones will eat 3-4 packs a sitting! I don't know where they fit it! Emma calls Blueberry oatmeal "Blue oatmeal".

-Brandon got onto Emma for taking a car from Isaiah. When he was done, he said, "Now, Isaiah is done. You can go play with the car if you want to." Isaiah heard "car" gave a squeal, and headed to get the first car he saw to keep it away from Emma...unfortunately for him, it was the wrong car.

-Isaiah took a drink of Daddy's cup and spilled it down himself. A little later, he patted his chest (the wet spot) and said, "Milk."

-Isaiah throws balls for himself. He will throw it and then go and get it and then throw it again.

-Emma found a toy car. It was a little wet so she took it in the bathroom and I heard the water running. A minute later, she brings it back to me and says, "I washed the water off." LOL

-Messing around, Brandon says: "Abby, count all the primes between 0 and 100." Abby looks at him and says, "I'm just 3."

-You know you are about to have a sick child when they voluntarily take a nap (something they never do) AND put themselves to bed early.

-This is why God will not make us rich: Brandon: When I'm rich, I'm going to hire a chef to make me giant pancake blankets. Becky: Because that will so work. Brandon: Then in the morning my body heat will have them the right temperature for breakfast in bed. Becky: Because sweat makes the best syrup...:P

-If I did not wake him up to eat, Noah would sleep all night and all day. He sleeps ALL the time....

-I love my tiny man. I call him "small, dark, and handsome" because he's my first brown headed baby... although I am rather partial to my blondies too.

-Noah has been just as easy as can be. He's laid back, a good sleeper, good eater, pretty content...Now if he could just pass gas like Isaiah (w/o tears) we'd have it made. :) srsly though, he's been sleeping well and neither parent is feeling sleep deprived yet.

-There is pretty much no better feeling than the ones that come in the days after giving birth...I am sooo in love with my son, enjoying watching my kids bond, my husband's home for a week, MOVE my ribcage again, get up from the floor, can bend over, don't have heartburn, sleep on my tummy, weigh 17 lbs less than 3 days ago, wear most of my non maternity clothes...yeah, life is GREAT!

-Things that are harder with 4 kids: #1...finding a place to put the baby down where he won't be poked, touched, sat on, or kissed too much is harder the more toddlers there are in the house.

-My fortune cookie said, "A new friend will change your routine." I hope it means Noah is coming really soon. *wink wink* (9-29-10)

-My girls like to help clean house. Sometimes I give them a squirt bottle of water and a rag and let them wash the windows or something. I really wish they made miniature mops that really worked. My floors would ALWAYS be clean! :)

-Isaiah is singing to himself while he plays. He's becoming a talker lately.

-Emma was saying, "I think so not." this morning instead of "I don't think so."

-Abby made a potty and when I asked her if she wanted an M&M (Emma had just been rewarded minutes before) she said, "No. I want a Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich for my potty."

-When the Doctor went to measure my belly, he made this funny face and started feeling around for Noah's head. I said, "He's kind of crooked." The Doctor said, "Yeah. It won't be a problem because his head is in the right spot." He had to measure to the side. Noah's definitely crooked.

-I gave my kids a small handful of gummy bears in cups this morning. When Emma ate all of hers, she tried to take Isaiah's cup. I made her give it back and she was crying about it. Isaiah took it all in silently. Then, taking some bears from his cup, he laid them on the table and says, "Mem-ma! Mem-ma!" He wanted to share some with her! :)

-We haven't had gummy bears in the house for a while so they were "new" to Isaiah even though he's had them before. He was laying on the floor, bobbing his head and saying, "Bear! Bear!" and "dance! dance!" while eating his bears.

- Emma loves bugs. She brings them to me all the time and calls them "my favorite little bug".

-I only have one marble left to lose. If you have it, can you keep it safe for me?

-Trying to teach children to clean a room is not like watching a train wreck, it's like conducting a train wreck.

-The first time Isaiah sat in the car seat by the door, he let out the cutest little giggle.

-I asked Abby to get Isaiah out of the bathroom and to close the door when she was done. Emma says to Isaiah, "Go get yours mom!" and points at the door.

-Abby and I were having a conversation. Shortly thereafter, Abby says, "Now, I got to go poop."

-We got our loan paperwork and we're looking at houses. I will be so glad to move into a bigger one. Currently, the kids needed to be apart and so Emma is in her room asleep, Isaiah is in my room asleep, and poor Abby has to sleep on a pallet on the bathroom floor because I'm cleaning downstairs for company.

-Abby slept without a diaper 3 nights in a row and 3 mornings in a row she has woke up with, to quote her, "clean and dry panties!" Yay!!!!!!!

-Isaiah calls Emma. "Mem-ma". He likes to play with her and will call her into the room if she's not there.

-Isaiah's favorite game is to dump the matching bear cards out of the box and spread them over the floor. Having successfully completed this, he usually disappears and leaves this mess behind conquered.

-Isaiah just discovered biting. He bit my finger and a few minutes later he bit my toe. I think he thinks he's playing because sometimes people pretend to bite his fingers but, uh, he has teeth and doesn't know their strength.

-I was trying to mop but every trip back to the mop bucket revealed something else my son had dropped into the water.

-Abby came to me to tattle on something. I said, "Are you being tacky to Isaiah." She stops mid tattle and says, "No, I'm being tacky to Emma."

-Abby's newest favorite song: "Who built the ark? Noah Noah. Who built the ark? LITTLE BROTHER NOAH built the ark." (I think she'd going to be a tad confused when her brother isn't born with an ark and animals. haha)

-Brandon was doing the "potty dance" in the car on the way home earlier and this mom and kid in the next car seriously gave him the most amazingly funny looks thinking he was some sort of nut job...I laughed so hard I cried.

-Abby asked me to help her dress a doll a a sleeper outfit. I was buttoning the legs and she said, "I don't want her a prince! I want her a princess!" Then she unbuttoned the leg part to make it a skirt.

-Abby says, "Emma's choking" (coughing). I look at her and see that she's fine. That's not good enough for Abby. She says, "Emma, go lick the wall." What???

-Our nail our spanking spoon hangs on fell out of the wall. When I fixed it with a larger nail, Emma says, "Thank you, fix it all better!"

-Isaiah is so funny. Right now he's making random growling sounds while playing with the girls. He has a "play voice" that he uses sometimes where he is more "growly"... It's cute!

-Emma asked me for "honey cereal". I wasn't sure which one she was reffering to so I pointed to one and said, "This one?" She replies, "Um hmm! Yess ma'am!" It was so cute!

-Brandon yelled up the stairs to me asking me a question so I could hear it. A few minutes later I hear Abby say, "Daddy, don't be tacky to mommy. She's your best friend!"

-♥ I put his shoes away in the basket he left them 2 feet away from because I am serving him and loving him and that way they won't grow 2 and 3 year old legs and walk off so he can find them and wear them and leave them lying 2 feet away again giving me another opportunity to serve him.

-Trying to get 3 small children to all go/do something at the same time is like sweeping ants.

- I am pretty sure our chances of getting stitches, broken arms, or worse have increased 10-fold now that we have a near-toddler boy. Isaiah has fallen off of stuff 5 times today and just now, nearly fell down the stairs, but I was behind him and caught him. Yikes! Pray for us! ;)

-While I was changing Isaiah's diaper, I asked him, "What does the A say? What does the B say?...etc." He knows the first 4 letters of the alphabet already and also the M and the G. :D

-I had to get onto Emmy for something. A little while later she was at my side and she says, "You broke your's heart? Emma was tacky? You broke your's heart?" I guess she's learning these lessons after all. Awww (that nearly did break my heart...)

-Isaiah LOVES dinosaurs. The girls are watching "the Land Before Time" (a movie we discovered they liked at my parents house) on netflix and Isaiah is bouncing around like a little ball making noises and pointing at the dinosaurs. :D

-I made the kids PB&J's for lunch. I asked Isaiah if he wanted another one. He said something that sounded like his word for "done" so I said, "Are you all done." He tried again, pointing at Emma's sandwich and said clearly, "One." Guess he wanted another one. LOL

-Abby-"Daddy, will you marry me?" Daddy-"But I'm already married to Mommy. Why don't you marry your Prince?" Abby-"My prince is lazy."

- Abby is singing "I love my lips" from Veggie Tales.

-When I ask Emma if she wants some M&M's she often replies, "E-M-Y...That's like my name!"

- Isaiah is a little jealous of Brandon. It's kind of funny to watch. He crawled up on me and kissed me then looked at Brandon to see what he was going to do. Then, I moved to a new chair nearer to Brandon and he pulled up on my leg and kissed my knee and says to Brandon, "My Mama!" But mostly he still adores his daddy too, he just thinks he's the only one able to kiss me.

-When we sang "Victory In Jesus" at church today, both Abby and Emma started singing random words sandwiched by "Jesus" so loud that we were getting a ton of cute smiles passed back at us today. It was sweet!

-Emma loves to dump buckets of toys and spread them all over the floor, then celebrate by saying, "Look! I'm making messes!" Thankfully, she is also the best cleaner or the three or I'd be in trouble. I'm trying to encourage the "Look! I'm cleaning messes!" thing instead but so far it hasn't worked.

-Abby, Emma and I are watching an owl camera. LOL Emma says, "Mama, my owl. Mine."

-Emma is so funny. She will wonder around with a cup of snack in her hands and say, "I'm hungry. I'm hungry." Upon further questioning she'll say, "I'm hungry, juice." I'm trying to teach her the word she needs is "thirsty" but it hasn't caught on yet.

-What Emma learned: chewing on markers is not acceptable. What I learned: washable markers "applied" around the eye are not THAT washable and look a lot like a black eye...

-I love my Emmaleigh. Lay her down in her bed and she'll never take a nap. Leave her alone and she'll climb up on the couch or beside me in my chair of her own accord and be fast asleep in minutes. Run, run, run, she's out! :)

- It snowed a lot last night. Abby's first words were, "Thank you, God for snow!" (with a cute smile...) Emma's first words were, "Oh no! Snow! My swing!" (with her head in her hands...) Can you tell who likes snow? LOL :D Too cute!

-"Abby, go tell Daddy that Mommy is bored." "Daddy, Mommy is boards."

-Abby was making bubble crowns for everyone and she said, "Isaiah looks like a king on his throne."

-We installed child proof covers on the pantry door to keep Brandon out... haha! Just kidding! :)

-When asked "who did this?" Abby nearly always says, "Emma did it." (Even if Emma didn't do it) Emma nearly always says, "I did it." (Even if she didn't do it.)

-I had some bananas sitting on the counter this morning...still kinda green. Little Miss Emma came down and peeled three of them, bottom up, leaving the tops connected to the bunch and ate all three while I was in the shower! Can you say talented or what? LOL I don't even think I can peel a banana that way!

-Emma got up before me. I got dressed and met her down stairs, She says cheerfully, "Mama mess! Mama mess! I did it! Mess Mama. I did it!" It was half a salt shaker spilled on the desk top.

-The other day, Abby asked me who's birthday was next. So I said, "Emma's, then Mommy's, then Isaiah's, then Daddy's, then Abby's." Today she randomly said while playing, "Daddy's birthday next, then Isaiah's, then Mommy's, then Emma's." All backwards! LOL. The sun must be about to run the next year backwards. LOL

-Isaiah loves the spraying shower head at bath time. The girls just scream like I'm trying to drown them.

-"Hel-doh, Men (Mama Lynn)" Emma on a toy phone.

-At this age, Abby especially LOVED spaghetti o's...Emma liked them a lot...and Isaiah pokes a finger in, touches it to his tongue and grimaces...it's so funny how different they are.

-Abby and I were making cookies. When we got to the eggs, I was like, "You tap it on the bowl like this..." and Abby says, "I know how to do it." While she crushes the egg in her fist. Then while I'm picking egg shells out, she's licking the egg off her hand saying all the while, "This is not good for me. This is yucky."

-Abby looks at my wedding pictures and says, "When you were a princess last year."

- I love my fuzzy headed cereal faced boy who is twisting around backward trying to cover me in cereal! (We're waiting on the water-heater to reheat the water for a bath) :)

-I gave the girls come coloring pages and Isaiah kept grabbing Emma's so gave him a blank paper and Emma gave him a crayon. He's now gumming on the crayon and "wiping" the table with the paper.

-Sometimes when Abby says, "I'm hungry" I say, "You can't possibly be hungry right now...We just ate..." Today, she said, "Can I be hungry now?" It was so funny!

-When Brandon asked Abby who drew the A's on the wall, she responded, "Emma did it." That's how I picture Adam and Eve in Eden...mouths covered with juices from the fruit. Obviously God knew they had done it but he asked anyway. It's impossible for Emma to have done it but that didn't stop Abby from trying to blame her.

-Someone one was screaming. Brandon says, "Hey, no screaming." a minute later it happens again and he says again, "Hey, inside voices." Abby says, "Isaiah was screaming." right as Isaiah does it a third time.... Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a screamer. He discovered his voice makes all kinds of noices!

-Abby just asked me if she could watch "Snowwhite and the seven dorbs."

-Abby was outside playing with a stick on the back porch. I asked her what she was doing and she told me "drawing like in Mary Poppins". :)

-Brandon just put up some of our christmas lights. Abby and Emma were so excited to see them come on. Abby even said, "Thank you for my Christmas house, Daddy!"

-After trying several things, I've come to the conclusion that flour is the best thing for getting vaseline out of hair.... just so you know. :P

-On today's Life with Toddlers: Emma put petroleum jelly all over her...head to toe. She was as slimey as a newborn baby!!!! And, it's still mostly in her hair even after a bath and several shampoos.....plus I was dumb and bathed Abby at the same time so now SHE has it in her hair too.... Stay tuned for more "Life with Toddlers" starring...the little old lady who lived in the shoe.... :)

-Brandon took Isaiah to get shots. When we waved goodbye to them, Abby was like, "My Isaiah! My Isaiah! My Isaiah needs me! Where's my Isaiah going?" I was like He has to go to the Dr and get shots... she was like "blue shots." in a whimper.... I was like, "He'll be okay. He'll be right back." She is still kind of worried about him.

-Abby is rocking Isaiah to sleep in his cradle. Emma is reading Narnia to them.

-I LOVE sauerkraut. LOVE IT! Brandon hates it. I was surprised today to find that Emma likes it too. Yay! NOw I have a sauerkraut buddy!

-We have a book called "What shall we do with the boo hoo baby?" The girls LOVE it! Abby "reads" the book to Isaiah and Emma but she reads it as, "What should we do with the poo poo baby?" lol

-I told Emma, "You have Ketchup on your face. Could you go find the wipes so I can wipe it off." She shakes her head and says, "No. My ketchup."

-The bottom half of my christmas tree is constantly being undecorated by a three year old who like to "pick apples" (plastic balls) from it and put them in a basket. LOL. It looks pretty bare on the bottom.

-Emma dressed herself... Or rather, Emma undressed herself, and redressed herself while I was tending to Isaiah. She is now wearing a swimming suit dress top and nothing else.

-I asked Abby what the letters were in her name. Her reply..."A..baby..y" (BB sounds like baby) lol. Currious I spelled Emma's name outloud and asked her what she heard. Her reply..."E..m..abby" LOL.. :) Kids are cute.

-Abby serving "tea" on her new "tea party" set. (That's what she calls it. "my tea party"... LOL...but she serves juice and coffee...the coffee is for Emma because "I don't like coffee but Emma does..." since I'm sure Emma knows what coffee is she totally agrees and plays along. :)

-Abby and Emma are playing with plastic swords. Abby calls them "On guards" (en guarde (sp??) ) "Mommy, will you play On guards with me?" lol

-I went to take a shower while the kids were napping. I peeked in on them and they were all asleep. When I got out of the shower, I found the girls in the living room and Isaiah screaming in bed with permanent marker all over his head!!!! I didn't dally!!!! Oh the joys! Does anyone know how to get permanent marker off of skin?

-All three of my kids were crying at the same time....

-When Abby goes into timeout, Emma loses her playmate. It's sometiems hard to punish when that is the case. :( Boo.

- Emma is such a little elf. She has this cute shy little elf grin she gives me somtimes. The first time I saw her, I thought she looks like an elf... she makes me think of old santa story books where the elves cheeks and chins formed a soft heart shape. I love her little face!

-Abby's so cute. We were trying to call my parents and she stood there, talking to the answering machine saying, "Hi, Mama Lynn. It's me! It's me! Mama Lynn, It's me!" and after a few minutes of that, "Mama Lynn, where are you? I can't see Mama Lynn. Where are you!"

- Abby got a little tea party set and has been serving Emma crackers and "coffee" all day long. She's super sweet!

-Abby can do subtraction. LOL. Brandon is playing a video game where he has to find three chests in each level. If he gets just one or two, she will say, "You need to find X more, Daddy. You need X more!" Wow! I didn't know she could do that!

-Abby just said, "Mama, I'm hungry. Can I have some speghetti o's A's?"

-Abby just told me she wants to watch "The Wizard of Poz". Lol!!

-Abby is not night time potty trained yet. But...she got up last night, took off her diaper, and pooped, put her diaper back on and went to sleep....unfortunately, she pooped in the plastic basket on the back of her tricycle....... but, I guess that's a sort of victory in and of itself... she didn't poop on the carpet and she DID get up by herself...now if I can just get her to go the extra few feet to the bathroom..

-Whenever I turn on a Disney movie for the girls, Abby says "That's Mickey's Castle!" about the Disney logo. lol.

-I'm singing "This is the Day that the Lord has made" at the top of my lungs while vacuuming up spilled pink milk mix.

-I just discovered Emma standing on my craft table making a mess but what she was really doing was looking for her Bible because Abby had got hers down from there and Emma wanted to read her Bible too.

-I just found Abby and Emma playing pick up sticks with my speghetti noodles in the kitchen....all 20bazillion of them. :P

-I let the kids play with the pieces of my felt board after I told them the christmas story. They really liked it. Abby kept saying, "No, soldier! You can't kill baby Jesus!"
-
Abby fed the hippos a mellon at the zoo today and Emma fell in love with a comodo dragon! :)

-At our church, when you are 2 1/2 and potty trained (or mostly) you can go to sunday school instead of nursary during Sunday school hour. Abby went for the first time today. I think she loved it. Emma must have missed her in church though because Emma was sitting really close to her, quietly watching her color for a long time durring the service. (That's unusual for our super active, bouncy Emmaleigh, to sit still and cuddle with her sister.)

-I had a clean house...a few hours ago...before the kids got up...lol

-Funny...the dog listens to me the first time I say it...but not to Brandon...the kids listen to him the first time he says it...but not to me... something is wrong here.

Bottom of Form

-When we brought the kids to the hospital to see Isaiah the first time, Abby kept saying, "I lub you Isaiah!" It was so cute!

Bottom of Form

-After I cleaned her room, Abby, unprompted came to me and said, "Thank you cleaning my room, Mommy. I lub you!" *that made cleaning that awful mess all the better!*

-After the girls had been down for an hour or so, I hear a knocking on Abby's door and Abby's little voice calling through the door. "Excuse me. Excuse me. I tooted."

-I found Emma with play lipstick rubbed all over her face. Abby was saying, "Big girls wear lipstick, Emma."

-The girls opening their "secrets". We had been showing Abby how we put "secret stuff" in the stocking for the last month, and we'd say, "shh! It's a secret. Don't tell." So she started calling the stockings Secrets.

-Abby cuddling with a baby Jesus doll and a blanket. She did have a present or two and was saying, "happy birthday, Jesus! Jesus, open presents."

-"Pretty dress! That Abby's dress! Making, Mommy Making!" Abby looking at the dress I was making for her.

-Abby thoroughly enjoys her mail... "Puppy! Kitty! Meow! Meow!"

"Swim, Emmy! Swim! Emmy Lynn! Swim!" That's what Abby is saying when we held Emma in the plastic swimming pool the first time.

-Abby wakes up every morning with two things on her mind... "Emmy! Emmy! Emmy!" and then after she's been satisfied about Emma's whereabouts... "Beanbean! Beanbean!"

-Right after Emma was born, my dad wanted to hold her but Abby was like, "My baby!!!!" and she has remained that way ever since.

-Abby is constantly keeping tabs on where Emma is and she greets me in the mornings (nearly every time) with the words, "Baby! Baby! Emmy! Baby?"

-I babysat a friend's little boy one time when Abby was about 18 mos to 2 yrs...I don't remember exactly. When I went to change his diaper, Abby came over and was watching. Suddenly, she started freaking out and nearly crying saying, "He's broken! Mommy, he's broken!" LOL

1 comment:

Becky's Place said...

okay...maybe it is not "kinda long" but "really long"