Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My two precious little handfuls...

I took the girls outside today to get some pictures of them. It is still hot here but it isn't as bad as it has been, granted, it is not comfortable enough to just hang out forever outside right now.

Here is Abby, looking cute in this red dress. I always feel funny when I dress them in "sailor" dresses since their daddy is an Air man and Brandon teases that they can't be seen like that but this dress is a cute hand-me-down from a family at our church and I just love it...so "they" will just have to get over it...whoever "they" are that will think me weird for dressing my daughters like sailors. hehe. Isn't she cute with her little bows!

This is Emma outside. Emma is like, "Why am I sitting up outside?" This is the only smile she gave me the whole time we were out there. (and we were out there a long time) She was so dazed and confused. She has just started sitting pretty good if you put her in that position and last night was the first time I ever saw her get into position by herself. She usually only stays that way for a few minutes but she sat up outside for like an hour. I guess being distracted by the strange scenery kept her mind off of moving so she didn't fall.

Still dazed and giving me frowny faces. "Why am I out here? Why did Mama dress me up? What's going on here?"

Emma says, "Maybe they won't notice me eating grass." Abby is swinging. She loves to swing and slide. Maybe some day we'll get a swing set for our back yard. I know a slide is on Abby's birthday wishlist. hehe. She always wants to slide and swing.

Emma fell asleep on me. She never does this. She is nearly always too busy to sleep and usually fights sleep until someone lays her down in her bed. And look! She does smile! Actually, she is the most smiley person I know. She smiles more than Abby did!

Some of Emma's cute faces... The second one is hilarious to me! I love it!
Maule *pronounced Molly* (One of Brandon's work friends) and Abby. I just liked Abby's ears. The second one is Abby and Emma laying on the floor drinking juice together. Such cute sisters. They plya so well together. I'm impressed!

These next pictures are of things Abby does when she is supposed to be taking a nap. The first is what happened one day when she found a jar of diaper rash cream. What you can't see is that the cream is smeared all over their faces, clothes, the floor, the door, and the wall. The second picture is one of Emma (yes, she's still asleep). Abby climbed up into Emma's bet and took Emma's diaper off and wiped her bottom but forgot to put a new diaper on. Unfortunately, the diaper was a really, really messy one so Mommy had to wash some sheets afterward... *sigh*
Oh look! She is sleeping! Apparently she does sleep sometimes! Wow! Let's hurry and get a picture for evidence and then let's book it out of here! Emma is "happy" in the next picture with all of the "presents" Abby gave her.

Abby says, "You mean I'm supposed to be sleeping? Is nap time over yet? I promise I slept!"
Every once in a while, we have a family movie night in the living room. We'll pull out the couch bed and make up pallets or whatever else and pop in a movie and let the kids fall asleep out there with us. Here they are cuddled up together the next morning. Soo cute together!

Abby's sunglasses. Aren't the girls just adorable with them on. There's a cuter pic of Emma with them on but a toy on her swing's mobile got in the way so it's not quite as good.
Abby will sometimes pick out their clothes for me and she likes to dress alike as much as I like to dress them alike. She will be like, "twins! twins!" It's so cute. Here they are wearing "matching" purple stuff.
Anyway, Brandon's been gone to Washington DC and he's supposed to be coming back today so I'd better go so I can get the rest of the house clean. We love all of you! We hope you enjoy looking at our pictures! Maybe I'll get Brandon to post a few pictures of DC on here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do enjoy your pictures

Preston and Rachel said...

I have a picture of me in one of my baby books that looks almost exactly like the the outside smiling pic of Emma - Odd... I thought she was YOUR baby! LOL :)
Isn't it funny how we can see resemblence (?) in our sisters and our sisters babies with our own babies......

the Huntingtons said...

The girls are so cute. I wish we could see them again.