Thursday, August 28, 2008

Being a Mommy is So Rewarding!

It's soooo hard to believe that Abby is nearing 2 years old! I feel like we just found out we were pregnant with her just a year ago! How can time pass so quickly?

Abby is this amazingly bubbly, talkative, active, friendly toddler. She is constantly amazing me with how much she knows. She will randomly repete a word that I did not eve know she could pronounce and she will say words I did not know that she knew at all. She comprehends way more than I realized a nearly 2 year old could comprehend. Abby is sooooo active. There are days when we will put her down for a nap and we will hear her skip nap time and just play the time away in her room. Her favorite toys right now are her little people and her baby dolls. She LOVES her babies and her little people. Sometimes when I come to get her up from a nap, it looks like a disaster area in her room because she will have made such a big mess with her toys. Abby knows her the names for tons and tons of items and she is working on her colors and letters. Right now she knows lots of the names of letters but can't connect any one name to its proper letter. For example a "B" might be an "E" to her or the next day an "I". But I'm quite impressed that she knows that much. She is a little confused about her colors right now. She was doing really well and then one day, she seemed to mislearn something and so now the word "pink" means not only the color pink but it also means "soft" and "blanket" and "mine." I don't know why because she can say all of those words perfectly well but I guess she gets confused sometimes. She is working on being potty trained... Mommy is holding her back in this area because I'm just not working hard on it. But she prefers wearing panties to diapers and she goes potty in the toilet probably 50+% of the time. She speaks very well and is quite articulate. She mostly says two word sentences and the second word is usually, "Emma." She adores her little sister and is eager to show EVERYTHING to Emmaleigh. "Seat, Emma! Seat! Emma!" or "Eat, Emma! Eat! Baby, Emma, baby!" those are some of her common conversations with her sister. She likes to get Emma's attention and then point to something like a seat or food. It's pretty cute! Abby loves playing outside. She will hear the word "walk" and run for her shoes even if it wasn't the intent behind that word. She loves her stroller and will sit in it for hours at a time in the corner of the kitchen where it lives. She can't push the double stroller around because it's so big but she can push the smaller one around and she will sometimes put a baby in it and push it around the house. Someday, I'm going to have to get her a dolly stroller so that she can do that more easily. Brandon hung her a tree swing in the back yard and she loves it! She also loves to slide but we don't have one of those at our house. We have to go to the park if we want to slide. Fortunatly the park is right behind our house, just concealed from us by some trees so we don't have far to go.

Emma is also growing by leaps and bounds! She is 6 months old now. She eats baby food and boy does she love to eat! She is a hearty eater. She eats at least twice as much as Abby did at this age. She is eating crackers and vanilla wafers at this stage as well and will become very upset if she drops her cracker or if Abby snatches it away. She seems to adore Abby as much as Abby adores her. She will keep a constant eye on her big sister, though whether it's to make sure Abby's not going to squish her or bonk her in the head with a toy or whether it's to stare at her because she loves her, is uncertain. I think it's probably some of both. Emma is starting to scoot pretty well now and she loves being in her walker, bouncer, or swing. She loves tummy time far more than Abby did and goes to sleep quickly on her tummy. Even if I lay her down for bed on her back, she quickly rolls to her tummy if she is tired and wants to sleep. She is starting to talk now. Most of it is baby babble but she has said a very clear "dada" and so we're claiming it as "Daddy". She says it the most often. She also blows bubbles and giggles. She's probably the happiest baby I've ever known. She smiles at everyone and everything. She should have been named Smiley because she just doesn't stop smiling! She still has very very skinny feet but they are long so they are trying to catch up to the shoe size that Abby is in. At this moment in time, Abby is in a 5 and Emma is in a 2. (If it's a sock shoe. sandals and panty hoes shoes are still a good 1) Abby was in a 2 around 9 or 10 months of age when she started walking but Emma is there now so if she keeps up at this rate, she'll be wearing Abby's shoes before long. Emma is starting to play with toys now and she and Abby will lay on their tummies on the floor and play little people together. Abby uses her barn as a house setting up the few pieces of furniture she has in side of it and then putting the people in. She gets frustrated when Emma will take it all out nearly as fast as she's putting it in.

Life with us "adults" is good. We are being kept busy and we are enjoying every minute of it. We have not been driven so crazy yet that we don't want another baby. We are still hoping for 5 or 6 of these little joys running around! Call us crazy if you want but we're enjoying this! I guess that's about all the updates I have. As soon as I can figure out why the camera and the computer aren't talking to each other, I'll be uploading more pictures for you too! (I think the camera just needs to apologize to the computer and send it flowers... but I'm not sure that the computer will take the camera's apology.) Love you all!

No comments: