(With random cute quotes/stories that don't have pictures.)
They aren't really Easter Eggs, but they were a lot of fun. I decorated the boiled eggs with permanent markers. Just so you know, if you eat them right away they are okay, but I boiled a few extra and wrote "boiled" on them so I'd know. Permanent marker is not actually permanent in the fridge on the side of an egg and comes off on hands pretty easily a few days later. It wasn't messy on day one but the next day or so it was bad.
I served them as a surprise with lunch one day. Aren't they cute?
Brandon's had to work some night shift stuff. I have been trying to keep the kids quiet so he can sleep during the day. One day, we watched movies. Can you tell Noah is "thrilled" with the movie?
We also do school during sleep time for Brandon and Noah...
On this day we were practicing our using scissors skills. Hey, that's an important skill!
The looks of concentration...
The focus...
...and of course...the mouth that has to be held JUST RIGHT for it to work....
scissors
Me: You need to clean that up.
Girls: We don't want to.
Me: You need to clean that up or you won't be playing anything else today. You'll be in bed.
Girls: (cheerfully) Bed! Bed!
Me: With no school today.
Girls: (sadly) Oh! (turning to clean things up.)
*There will come a day (maybe...probably) when the threat of losing school is met with a different response...that day is not today.*
Way #357 to give your parents a heart attack:
Emma: Mom, I smashed a little fire that was in our house.
Me: Fire? What fire?
Abby: She said SPIDER!
Emma: He was yellow. He was a yellow Fider.
Me: Oh. That. Okay.
Emma: Mom, I smashed a little fire that was in our house.
Me: Fire? What fire?
Abby: She said SPIDER!
Emma: He was yellow. He was a yellow Fider.
Me: Oh. That. Okay.
And Noah fell asleep on the kitchen floor one day before I was ready for him to take a nap... This is something like 10 in the morning. We usually do nap time after lunch.
Noah had a baby doll. He was carrying it around and talking to it. I said, "Are you the daddy?" He grinned really big and said, "Daddy!" Then he proceeded to throw the doll on the floor repeatedly. See, his favorite game EVER with his own daddy is the toss Noah game where Brandon tosses him and then catches him...only Noah is 1 and he can't aim or catch. ♥
One day in church, I sat by a lady who has 4 children ages 5 and under. She's also pregnant and due in January. :)
I made these outfits for Jubilee and Baby Huntington. :) Grandma gave me the pattern.
a better shot
I have recently discovered that my little Noah likes to help by doing the trash, the laundry, and the dishes.
By this, I mean, he likes to take things out of the trash (like used Qtips) and put them back into the box where they came from. He likes to take his dirty clothes to the laundry...which means he likes to put it back in his drawer. And he likes to do the dishes...he puts his dirty spoon
By this, I mean, he likes to take things out of the trash (like used Qtips) and put them back into the box where they came from. He likes to take his dirty clothes to the laundry...which means he likes to put it back in his drawer. And he likes to do the dishes...he puts his dirty spoon
s back in the silverware drawer.
Just so you know. Because he's "helping". I've caught him in the act of all of these things and I've tried to explain that the things are dirty and we have to clean them/throw them away. I guess he thinks he's saving me a step somewhere and that the little elves will come and magically clean it for me if it's "put away."
so if you come to my house and find something like this, know that I have a 1 year old who is "helping" when I'm not looking. :)
Just so you know. Because he's "helping". I've caught him in the act of all of these things and I've tried to explain that the things are dirty and we have to clean them/throw them away. I guess he thinks he's saving me a step somewhere and that the little elves will come and magically clean it for me if it's "put away."
so if you come to my house and find something like this, know that I have a 1 year old who is "helping" when I'm not looking. :)
---This story is the thing that prompted me to teach Noah how to do dishes the right way so that he could be trusted with dirty items better.
Proof that I took all 4 kids to the doctor by myself...
well, it's proof that I took Emma and Isaiah and Noah...
I have to tell this story:
I failed my 1 hour glucose test. So I had to take a 3 hour glucose test and Brandon's work/sleep schedule was hard to work around. I had to fast 12 hours before hand. I did this. I fasted and showed up on a Saturday at 9:15 am to do the test...but they closed at 12 on Saturdays and they didn't tell me and I didn't think to ask. They sent me home because it would be 12:15 or 12:30 before I was done. So I had to do the whole fasting thing again. Then Brandon had to go do a long UTA and I was running out of time to get my glucose test done. So, I packed up my 4 children and my one child sized backpack of toys, crayons, books, pretzels, and coloring pages and we went to the doctor. The lab is in the basement of this building and there were six chairs (3 on each side) in a little box shape against one wall. I parked us there and told them we had to stay there for a long time. Then I went back to the back room and had my blood drawn and drank the syrup and stuff...4 or 5 times!!!! And my kids were EXCELLENT! They stayed right there and played with the toys, they spoke quietly, they didn't wander off (even NOAH!) and they were amazing! We got a million compliments from passers by and nurses. (One nurse told me that she had a 6 year old and he would NEVER EVER stay in one place if she had to leave him in public like that.) It was amazing! They were sooooo sooooo sooooo good! We get compliments on their behavior almost every time we take them out in public but I've never taken them alone and I've NEVER left them like 10 feet away from me with no eye contact for minutes at a time while I got blood drawn.
I failed my 1 hour glucose test. So I had to take a 3 hour glucose test and Brandon's work/sleep schedule was hard to work around. I had to fast 12 hours before hand. I did this. I fasted and showed up on a Saturday at 9:15 am to do the test...but they closed at 12 on Saturdays and they didn't tell me and I didn't think to ask. They sent me home because it would be 12:15 or 12:30 before I was done. So I had to do the whole fasting thing again. Then Brandon had to go do a long UTA and I was running out of time to get my glucose test done. So, I packed up my 4 children and my one child sized backpack of toys, crayons, books, pretzels, and coloring pages and we went to the doctor. The lab is in the basement of this building and there were six chairs (3 on each side) in a little box shape against one wall. I parked us there and told them we had to stay there for a long time. Then I went back to the back room and had my blood drawn and drank the syrup and stuff...4 or 5 times!!!! And my kids were EXCELLENT! They stayed right there and played with the toys, they spoke quietly, they didn't wander off (even NOAH!) and they were amazing! We got a million compliments from passers by and nurses. (One nurse told me that she had a 6 year old and he would NEVER EVER stay in one place if she had to leave him in public like that.) It was amazing! They were sooooo sooooo sooooo good! We get compliments on their behavior almost every time we take them out in public but I've never taken them alone and I've NEVER left them like 10 feet away from me with no eye contact for minutes at a time while I got blood drawn.
Isaiah: Mom, I'm gonna name your baby grell Jubilee.
Noah. I like his eyes!
Noah had an ice cube. He put it on me so I dropped it down his shirt. We played this game a few times and then it slipped down the back of his diaper. Boy, oh boy, did he dance after that!!!
I designed this outfit myself...from scratch...with no pattern.... :) Since Jubilee has more clothes than she'll ever wear going up past size 5... I made another outfit for Sarah.
The jacket is reversible
One jacket and two pants... Sorry. I forgot to flip this pic.
The kids were playing like they were firemen. The waterhose was spread across the patio and they were standing in a line holding it and spraying pretend water at stuff. Noah was at the end of the hose. He turned it up to his mouth and, covering it completely, blew down into the hose. About this time I realize that one of the four has left the line. Water springs forth from the hose and squirt
s Noah in the face. Abby has turned on the water. LOL Noah drops the hose with the most shocked expression on his face. Then after a second, he picks it up again, giggling and trying to squirt someone else. By this time, Abby realizes I'm watching her and turns off the water. Noah, of course, is really disappointed that his water is gone and starts yelling in mostly unintelligible 1-year-old speak to Abby. LOL Being a mommy is so much fun!
This is one more reason I love homeschooling! ♥
Noah does dishes. He's REALLY GOOD at it too. :)
While I made supper one day, Emma voluntarily swept the dining room floor and wiped the table. Abby voluntarily switched the laundry to the dryer and started it, and Noah unloaded the dishes and set them in neat stacks of plates, cups, etc (the top cabinet stuff he couldn't reach by himself) on the floor. All the while, Noah was grinning at me and saying, "Help! Help!"
I asked none of them to do any of this and had to give no instructions for the completion of the tasks. ♥ They are getting so big and are all such good helpers! I'm soooooo soooooo blessed beyond words. :) (And no, I'm NOT making any of this up.) ♥
I asked none of them to do any of this and had to give no instructions for the completion of the tasks. ♥ They are getting so big and are all such good helpers! I'm soooooo soooooo blessed beyond words. :) (And no, I'm NOT making any of this up.) ♥
He puts them in the dishwasher too. :)
Me: Write your name on your school pages so Dad can see what you made.
Emma: But dad won't like it! I didn't do my best! Dad won't like it. (She WAS goofing off...not just being extremely obsessive compulsive about it)
Me: Write your name on your papers. Emma, do you think maybe you need to try this paper again?
Emma: Jesus knows how we do it the right way. (Taking a paper and trying again.)
Emma: But dad won't like it! I didn't do my best! Dad won't like it. (She WAS goofing off...not just being extremely obsessive compulsive about it)
Me: Write your name on your papers. Emma, do you think maybe you need to try this paper again?
Emma: Jesus knows how we do it the right way. (Taking a paper and trying again.)
Noah is running around with a fly swatter saying, "Pankin! (Spanking) Fly! Help you!" He's so cute!
He looks like he sees one! ;)
Isaiah: Mom, I want to smell your new baby.
Me: Does she smell good? (With an amused smile because I already know what he means.)
(Isaiah frowns and puts his hands on my tummy.) I can't smell her. (then) Mom, what does she spell with?
Me: With a "J".
Me: Does she smell good? (With an amused smile because I already know what he means.)
(Isaiah frowns and puts his hands on my tummy.) I can't smell her. (then) Mom, what does she spell with?
Me: With a "J".
Abby just came up to me and said, "Mom, I want to serve you because I love you. I'm going to unload the dishes for you."
And she did. ♥ :)
And she did. ♥ :)
Me: You guys have to get the playroom clean before you can eat. Abby you clean X. Emma, you clean Y, and Isaiah, you clean Z.
(Emma and Abby finish quickly and then because they love their brother so much and don't want him to miss supper, they voluntarily help him clean his part.)
(Emma and Abby finish quickly and then because they love their brother so much and don't want him to miss supper, they voluntarily help him clean his part.)
The pictures that follow are the last pictures from my camera before some small child got the lens stuck so it won't turn on all the way. All the below pictures are taken by children but I'm not sure who took what.
They are pretty good photographers, right? LOL
Emma is playing "this little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home..."
with her own toes...
with her own toes...
Isaiah: Mom, Emma maked my milk spill.
Me: Get that towel right there and clean it up.
Isaiah: (grabs towel and swabs inside of cup.)
Me: No! On the floor!
Me: Get that towel right there and clean it up.
Isaiah: (grabs towel and swabs inside of cup.)
Me: No! On the floor!
Noah: (having a meltdown on the floor at my feet)
Me: Are you sleepy? Do you need to go to bed?
Noah: Uh-huh! Blankie! Blankie! (Getting up and running away in search of a favorite blanket he likes to sleep with.)
Me: Are you sleepy? Do you need to go to bed?
Noah: Uh-huh! Blankie! Blankie! (Getting up and running away in search of a favorite blanket he likes to sleep with.)
We went shopping and we went out to eat. We got several compliments on our kids' behavior and were told that it was such a mark of excellence in parenting or something like that that we had this many kids, this close together, acting this well behaved.
They were so impressed, they took the kids' meals off our ticket.
They were so impressed, they took the kids' meals off our ticket.
This is why I "make" Brandon do the vacuuming. LOL So he can chase the kids around the room with it.
Abby and Emma--sitting at the table drawing pictures--
Abby: Mom, don't you like me and you better?
Me: What?
Abby: Don't you like me and you?
Me: I like all my kids.
Abby: All right. I don't have enough room. (on her page to draw everyone.) LOL
Abby: Mom, don't you like me and you better?
Me: What?
Abby: Don't you like me and you?
Me: I like all my kids.
Abby: All right. I don't have enough room. (on her page to draw everyone.) LOL
I was doing dishes and sweeping up the kitchen. I like to play worship songs kind of loud while I do this. I really get into it sometimes, singing and dancing and doing motions and having a kind of private worship time with the King. I turned around at one point to find Isaiah laying at the top of the basement stairs, head in hands watching me with the most comical, in-love-with-my-mommy face ever. *I was embarrassed. LOL* This is parenting. Getting caught dancing for Jesus.---It rubs off---Emma is singing VBS songs at the top of her lungs while cleaning the playroom. :)
Me: (Playing with the kids) This old man. He played one. He played knick knack on my thumb with a knick knack paddy whack give a dog a bone. This old man came rolling home.
Isaiah: (mimicking sing songy) And the man went rolling home and feeded a doggy.
Isaiah: (mimicking sing songy) And the man went rolling home and feeded a doggy.
Me: How come every time I wash your face it comes back to me dirtier than before I washed it?
Noah: (Wrinkling his nose and shaking his head) Not dirty!
Noah: (Wrinkling his nose and shaking his head) Not dirty!
No comments:
Post a Comment