The rest of the pictures...as promised...
*Warning...some pictures not for the squeamish...Some of them still make me shudder. You've been warned.*
Fell asleep on the stairs. These are the end days of the sick month I mentioned in the last post. (Seriously, it went from Sept 6 to Oct 4th)
Abby sleeping on her throw up bucket.
Noah's cake
From the side
I want cake!
...and seconds....
Then onto the presents. :) I love his little face here.
"What did you get, Brother? Can I share your dinosaurs and squeaky toys and bugs?"
Feeling bad.
Look at those bracelets!!!!!
Look at that cowboy!!!!
Everyone had to come look at the biggest puffball ever! :) (even poor, sick Abby want to see)
and I picked all the mushrooms in the yard. 3 lbs 4 oz. I weighed them.
Cowboy!
He's so sleepy he can't even crawl. He kept landing on his nose. Nap time!
Look, Mom! I made Rapunzel!
Emma and her Rapunzel!
Breakfast picnic
"Mom, Dad! Kiss each other." -Emma the photographer... (We had to pose like this for a *long* time so she could get the shot. LOL)
The girls' dolls get clothes all the time. So I figured it was Woody's turn. Isaiah loves it!
Plus Woody got a school bag, school books, and a sleeping bag. Isaiah is taking his toys (and Emma's bear to school). The quilt square is something I had in a scrap bag from my Granny. Isaiah claimed it as Woody's favorite blanket. I guess it's like father like son. :)
Nap time. I tuck them in and this is how I find them. Notice Woody gets the WHOLE pillow to himself.
Dassa in Noah's costume. Look at the faces in the background. It's funny! :)
I made the girls a doll house for their big dolls. Beds, table, chairs, living room, tub of clothes, and a bathroom. It kept them busy while I did Abby's birthday cake (we decided to do her birthday a little early so that stuff in October would be more spaced out. Just cuz.)
Playing house. Noah is the Daddy, Abby said.
Bathroom. The Baby is taking a bath.
licking the cake batter bowl
Noah is saying, "They are eating it all!"
Birthday pictures
She's getting so big! :)
cake!!!!! :)
presents!
presents!
Abby and Emma playing with Abby's new doll. She named her Makenzie. Makenzie does EVERYTHING with Abby.
Isaiah has both his "baby Woody" and Noah's "Baby Buzz".
"Play! Play!"
Swings
(See Makenzie? I wasn't kidding!)
Swings!
"Hey, Brother! What you doing?"
Riding a bike. I let them bring one tiny riding toy in the house for Noah and the next thing I knew, ALL the riding toys were in the house.
He thinks he's sooo big! (He can actually roll it a little on the tile as opposed to the grass)
Cute
Noah: (Squeals when Isaiah comes to play...thinking he's going to take it from me.)
Isaiah: "I want to dribe."
And this is a constant thing in my life...his favorite thing to do. (that or the trash)
cars go back outside. Noah followed them.
"I want to swing. Mom, put this on me. I want to swing. Put the swing on me."
Tuesday, Oct 25th. It was about 70* outside. We played out side for a long time and it was the perfect temperature.
Abby playing outside.
Playing outside. Isaiah is only wearing the coat because it's green and he loves it and is pretty much sewn into it even when it's not cold.
Noah loves outside
The green coat reflecting in his eyes... He smiles too quick or too slow for me to capture a lot of the time
The many faces of Emma during play
tongue out
goofy face
making mud pies
"What? Dirt tastes good."
cute smile
Noah with a goatee
*Squeamish warning*
and then the accident happened. He was walking on the couch (already a no-no, but I never would have guessed it would do this much damage)...and he sort of tripped/fell off. He bit his tongue on the way down. The picture doesn't look too bad but it was HORRIBLE.
I've never seen an accident this bad...and once, I clamped a little boy's nose on while we waited for his parents to pick him up from after school care. It had split open along one nostril for about a half inch. Isaiah's tongue was POURING blood. I thought at first he had bit a chunk off. When it finally stopped bleeding buckets across the floor to the bathroom, I got a good look at it. Again, it's hard to capture on film but it was awful. Kind of L shaped and about 1/2 inch long. Part of it (maybe a little less than 1/2 a dime size) flipped up like a flap. It was DEEP too. Not all the way through, but deep!
*Squeamish ending for now*
Emma and her baby
again
*more squeamish*
See! Nasty! Freaky! I was so freaked out! Brandon was at work. It was awful! I had to call my dad to get advice. Ugh! It was awful! I was so stressed and shaky!
*Squeamish ending for now*
nap time (the only way he would stop talking and touching his tongue.)
Isaiah: Isaiah got he's owie cuz he bit his tongue right there. Isaiah got he's owie. He bit his tongue. (repeat a million times)
Me: Isaiah, why don't you try to relax for a little bit. Just hold your tongue still and let it get better.
Isaiah: (fingers going to tongue to "hold it still") Okay.
Me: No, no! Just...don't touch it. (feeling squeamish...) Just...leave it alone. Just try to be still and quiet so it can get better.
Isaiah: Okay....(a few seconds pass) Isaiah bit his tongue. He got he's owie. He bit his tongue right there. He was being sinful and walking on the couch. He bit his tongue.
Me: (sigh) *the sight of it really makes me squeamish!*
Me: Isaiah, why don't you try to relax for a little bit. Just hold your tongue still and let it get better.
Isaiah: (fingers going to tongue to "hold it still") Okay.
Me: No, no! Just...don't touch it. (feeling squeamish...) Just...leave it alone. Just try to be still and quiet so it can get better.
Isaiah: Okay....(a few seconds pass) Isaiah bit his tongue. He got he's owie. He bit his tongue right there. He was being sinful and walking on the couch. He bit his tongue.
Me: (sigh) *the sight of it really makes me squeamish!*
Wednesday October 26. The temperature was like 30* and there was like 6 inches of snow and it was still falling.
*Squeamish*
Tongue update... the next day it's looking WAY better.
Still nasty/scary/gross/..... But I'm amazed at how it changed in a day. The mouth is so full of bacteria and stuff that I was surprised it got so much better so fast.
*squeamish end for now*
Playing in the snow
Noah LOVED it. He was laughing and talking and he ate snow if it was offered. (with the mittens he was unable to do it himself)
Abby...Pink! :)
Isaiah was so NOT into snow last year. This year he played in it more than any other kid.
Snow angles... :) ("For Mama Lynn" she says as she does it). She is the other snow baby who played the play out of the snow.
This one would probably have played more if he could actually move... He's kind of like a marshmallow in all these layers.
eating snow
getting cold
still playing
Helping Noah take off his snow clothes
crazy hair...still playing long after everyone else came in
Makenzie got a new dress out of scraps. *this was one of the hardest things I ever made because I had EXACTLY enough material to draft my own pattern and the collar is kind of funky because there just wasn't any more material.*
I wore this dress when I was just a tad *really just a tad* older than her and she knows that so she loves it. That's why Makenzie needed a twin dress. I'm pretty proud of how similar it is.
The twins with their twin dresses
*squeamish*
Tongue update... eating on it like it's nothing... I ask him if he has a owie and he doesn't even remember the tongue. "No" or "My toe".... Gee! If it was me, I think I'd be nursing it a few more days.... "I can't eat that. My tongue..."
Can hardly see it in this picture but it's not so bad. This is the end of the second day!
*squeamish end for now*
On the day it snowed, Brandon got strep. It was so weird. He went to bed with a minor sore throat and woke up with this. :P Ugh! So we spend some of the snow day going to the doctor to get meds.
Thursday October 27. Not feeling any improvement. In fact, he's feeling worse.
"Give me your best Darth Maul face"--Becky
Friday October 28. While getting ready to go back to the doctor. Abby and Emma are getting Noah to pose for pictures while we brush teeth and hair etc.
Photo by Abby
Photo by Abby
Brandon was given stronger meds and a few shots. AMAZING improvement in just hours. Also, our snow is all gone. :(
Feeling so much better. :) (I think sticking his tongue out all the time is making that red spot under his lip)
*Squeamish*
Looks MUCH better today. God is amazing! I can't believe he made our bodies to do this so quickly in such a seemingly un sanitary place
*Squeamish end* (This time it's for real)
watching a movie together
Somehow, when loading the blog pictures and looking at a million 1/4 postage stamp size icons, I missed Brandon's birthday. Here is a picture of his cake. *insert back on Oct 12....LOL*
No comments:
Post a Comment