Friday, June 3, 2011

We miss Daddy!

Allow me to introduce: Linus (From Charlie Brown). He is such a blanket boy! :) See, he's hugging his blanket and Woody and he's been asleep for HOURS. He just keeps track of them in his sleep and hugs them.


Talking to Daddy on the phone.



Talking to Daddy on the phone. The girls are writing letters to Daddy.


Emma LOVES to color. I put coloring books and crayons in a drawer she can get to in the kitchen. More than anyone else, she is always coloring! She LOVES it! She's so artistic! She stays in the lines and has super neat handwriting!


Abby talking on the phone to Daddy.


Eating crackers. I discovered that his bath chair works pretty well for a bumbo. We don't have a bumbo but he likes to be upright more than lying in the swing. As far as upright options go, we have a walker and a door jumper. Both of them require work on his part, so when he wants to be lazy, this is a good third option. He can just sit there and be happy. :) Watch some tv, watch sisters and brother play, play with toys, and eat crackers.


I heard terrified screaming from the bathroom. This boy is determined to potty train himself. I think I need to start working with him.


I bumped the keyboard tray on Brandon's desk. It fell on my toe and broke the toenail at the bottom side. Ouch! Boy it hurt! I iced it when it happened, but it still hurts! :P


"We're a bunch of monkeys. Monkeys are we. We like to swing like this. UP-up-upside down. Oh, we're a bunch of monkeys." -Becky
"Mom, can you stop singing and swing us?"- Emma


I grilled hotdogs! Outside! On the grill! The BIG grill...not the George Foreman Kitchen grill... By myself! My first time EVER to use the grill! And I haven't seen it done much, and no one has really given me any lessons on it... I'm usually preparing the sides or the hamburger toppings or whatever. So I'm pretty proud of myself. I even managed to make them exactly as crispy as each person liked them. :) Now I'm ready to grill something hard. Like steak. *wink* Just kidding!


Cherrios! He's such a big, good eater. On a side note, LOOK! You can see most of my kitchen floor! You can walk! :) Wow!!!!!!!


Baby gate.
"But, Mommy! I like watching you jump to save me from these cool stairs every five seconds."
He hasn't discovered the side rail yet. When he does, I know he will be able to fit between all the rails so I'll have to find a way to block his access to them too. Right now, he sees the table and doesn't go over there anymore. Before, he was like, "I think I'm going to go see what's down there...again." He has discovered in the last few days how to go forward and backward and can go anywhere he wants. Not fast, but fast enough. He especially likes to look down from the top of the stairs.


*Brandon, remember I said, 'If he isn't crawling/scooting by the time you leave, he will be by the time you get back?' It's been 6 days. He's all over the living room now. :) *

No comments: