Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tour our house

First, some cute pictures.

Abby and Emma were playing outside today and it was just so cute! Abby thought that they both needed hats today so here they are in their hats.

Of course, Little Miss Abby decided she didn't want to smile for the camera...


Look at that face!

Oops! I didn't mean this one! Oh well.


Emma's face is cute here! And Abby is actually smiling too!



Emma!


Emma likes hats most of the time.



"No, JellyBean! No kisses!"



Playing with Daddy's knee pads.


Brandon on his first day at work.



Our back yard. I didn't feel like going back and putting this in the right place. I'm sure several of the pictures will be out of order when it comes down to it. Our back yard needs landscaping baddly but we don't know anything about it. Anyone want to come be our gardner? :)



Our only tree. I think it's pretty much dead. I don't know what kind it is.



Our front yard. Standing on our front porch, looking right this is what you'd see.


Um. More back yard. Oops! It hurt my head trying to get this all in order and the girls were making messes as fast as they could so I was stressing out and trying to clean up gold fish from the floor and keeping them from dumping cups of water on the computer....


Our front yard looking left from the front porch.

The first thing you'd see if you entered our house. Notice the cut out window thingy in the upper right hand corner. We put Brandon's C17 planes there.


A better picture of this side of the room.




Our living room looking toward the hallway and the bathroom.



Our living room looking towards the front door. (I'm sure you don't really care about most of this, but I worked hard to get it all unpacked so I want to show it off. If you are bored, sorry. :) )


Our living room looking towards the front door but the other side of the room.


Our living room looking towards the stairs.


Looking down on the living room from the stair landing. (yeah I know, "Enough with the living room!")


Looking down on the part that goes to the hallway. The door with the baby gate is the girls' bedroom. The other door you can just see on the right is the bathroom.


Looking down on the living room. Okay, okay! Enough with the living room! :)


Entering the girls' room. Sorry but the window was so bright the flash didn't go off.


The kids' toys are all lined up in three bins here and the girls' dolls are in the strollers. See the moon light on the wall? It's surrounded by glow in the dark stars. There is also a tiny space ship up there; you can just see it.


The girls have a window seat in their room. We put all the little people on it. They love to play with their "people" while they look out the window. It's pretty cute.


This is the girls' wall with the door leading out of the room just showing. I plan to put a few cute pictures in those frames when I get the chance.


The closet. I can't afford those cute wooden letters so I made scrapbook paper letters. They have little embellishments on them like date of birth, full name, meaning of their names, flowers, butterflies, bears, stars, etc. See how big the closet is? I can fit three kids' clothes in there with the current system I have. I have drawers for the clothes, baskets for the jammies, and tubs with the clothes each kid is growing into. Isaiah's clothes will be in their room too because I figure I'm going to have to dress three kids every day anyway, so I might as well have all the clothes in one spot to save myself a trip. The girls got in the closet one day and totally messed everything up so now the doors are eye-hooked closed. Poor kids.


The closet and the girls' mounted mirror. We're looking down the hallway toward the kitchen/dining area on the edge of the picture.

The downstairs or kids' bathroom. No. You don't get to see the linen closet hiding behind the bathroom door. But yes, everything IS folded and put away. NEATLY! I might add! lol! :) Actually, I just forgot to take a picture of it.


The girls' "pretty mirror" as Brandon says. Wait 'till you see the one we have in our bathroom.


Going down the hallway, toward the kitchen dining area is a coat closet. Pretty boring, huh?


The door to our "basement" or "crawl space"


The hallway. Yeah, yeah. I'd make a horrible tour guide. I'm supposed to peak your interest with stuff like, "ornately decorated...blah, blah, blah..."


The basement/crawlspace. Probably about 4 foot high. I HAVEN'T been down there. The ladder kind of scares me. I don't know why.


Under the house.


Also in that hallway is our laundry room. Notice that I've been keeping up with the laundry! :)


Our kitchen looking toward the front of the house. We don't have enough cabinet space so we put the toaster and microwave on this rack. It also holds our "linen closet" in a box with a lid so the girls don't spread them around the house... and our sugar, flour, and pink/chocolate milk mixes.


Looking across the bar in our kitchen toward the garage wall, kitchen table, and my craft area. Notice, no dishes in the sink either! I feel like super mom! hehe.



Our kitchen looking into it from the dining area. It's small but it has a dishwasher and that's great!


Um. Our garage. How'd this get out of order?

Standing on the garage wall looking toward the kitchen area.


Standing by the back door looking toward the front of the house. Notice how the house makes a circle around the stairs. the girls love it.


Looking toward the base of the stairs.


Did I mention I have a craft area? I do my sewing and scrapbooking and card making here. I love it!



Rachel, this one is for you. See what I'm doing with that cute cloth?



Standing on the base of the stairs, looking back across the dining room area.


So? Are you ready to go upstairs? Are you even still with me or did I loose you on the 500 pictures of my living room? We have a swinging baby gate on the stairs, mostly for Isaiah because Abby and Emma have mastered the stairs but it is also to keep them on one level of the house so we don't have to chase them as far.



At the top of the stairs is a closet we call the Harry Potter Closet. It's because it's big enough Harry Potter could live in it. hehe. Anyway, it has a few baby things waiting to be put in Isaiah's room/office whenever we get the crib set up.

The landing looking at the big storage closet, the bathroom, and our bedroom. What you can't see is the door to the office almost direactly across from the bathroom.


Our bathroom. Notice the "not so pretty mirror"...the inside of it is all rusty. Yuck!


Our bathroom.


The landing looking toward the living room from our bedroom door. What you are seeing is a mirror, the door to the office, the stairs and I guess that's the fram of the bedroom door on the right. That box on the stairs is the additional bookcase we bought so we wouldn't have to double and triple stack our books anymore. Unfortunately, it's broken so we have to take it back. What a pain!


Looking out of our bedroom. Why? I don't know.


Standing in the doorway looking at our room. I like to sleep in...at least until 8 and it gets so bright in there that I have put curtains (I made them! Aren't they cute?) on the windows. Unfortunately, now it gets so dark durring the day that we need more light. hehe. I have ribbons to tie the curtains back when we need it and you can see some stuff piled up along the wall under the curtains. That is a fan and light we bought for the ceiling. Yes...we don't have a light in our room other than the two lamps. Weird, huh?


Our closet is about as big as the girl's closet. Yes it's clean and neat! I promise! But I just wanted to show off the "lovely" green doors that totally match my red room.... By the way, that big red pile by the door is our pajamas and underware and stuff you can't hang. I need to buy a plastic drawer unit or something to put them in because we don't have a dresser. Just so you don't think we are sloppy pigs hiding all of our mess. ;)



This is our bed and the "red wall". I didn't want to paint so we just hung a sheet to add the affect of a paint job. Cute? I think so. I think it looks especially good and balances the curtains on the opposit side.


Our view from the bedroom window. We get to see mountains! Yay!


Okay. You caught me! This is the messiest room in the house! These boxes are books waiting for the bookshelf that we bought and tried to put together before we realized it was too broken to work. So now we are taking it back and the books have to wait for that shelf to come. You are also looking at the corner of the office where we will be putting Isaiah's crib. Notice the cut out window to the livingroom below. There is also a pile of books and a tube of kids toys in the corner.


Abby and Emma making messes while I take pictures of the office. Um, the window was so bright you can't even see it.


There is a knick-nack shelf at the top of this wall. I cut it off. See the cut out window? And of course the boxes. (how embarassing...this room is such a mess!)



The view from the office window.


My desk. Still a little unorganized.


Brandon's desk. He has a neat castle lamp.

Looking toward the door to the landing.


Looking toward the corner where we are going to put Isaiah's bed.


Well, I've probably lost all of you by now, but you got to see my house! By the way, this isn't an excuse for you to not come visit me! Make sure you do!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I can't wait to see it in person in July!!