
Okay, so we got home from Texas with out a problem. (Problem meaning, we didn't break down, didn't hit any more dog/coyote things, and didn't get pulled over by the police...however, Abby enjoyed the car ride home far, far less than the way there so if you count a hot, screaming, bored, crowded baby as a problem, then yes, the trip home was a little less than perfect. :) )
Isn't it funny how your house seems much nicer when you are away? All of our luggage is now strewn on the floor waiting for me to do laundry and isn't it amazing that you can forget how messy your house was or how cluttered that bookcase was when you were away? We have so little stuff but I still feel like we're crowded in here and cluttered. I think it would be better if we had a dresser, a bookshelf, a case to put our DVDs in (rather than on a shelf but Brandon doesn't like that idea much because he likes to look at the cases. FYI we own about 200 DVDs (yes I was bored and counted them one day) ) *They take up so much more space on a shelf in our living room rather than in a neat LITTLE binder on a shelf even two or theree binders would be much smaller....*
Abby is growing so fast! She is absolutely adorable. We are sad to see that the baby phase is passing so quickly and we are anxious to get #2 on the way...
While we were away from home, she learned how to roll the other direction and now scoots a little on her tummy. She mostly pivots around her head because it's so heavy and hard to lift the front part of her body off the floor. She is totally interest in food now and will lunge for anything she sees someone else eating if she's hungry enough. She figured out how to drink from a straw in a cup on the trip to which impresses me because my baby calendar says that I didn't do this until I was 11 months old and I know a lot of other babies who learned it around thier first birthday. I guess it just shows how much she likes food. She doesn't know what to do with soda yet, though. When she gets a mouthfull of it, she looks shocked and her eyes water. Then she smiles and reaches for the cup again.
We are excited to be home but we miss being with our family and can't wait to visit again in August. The trip home was sad and I didn't want to get back into the grind here yet. It's worse because I left the house messier than I had intended and don't want to clean it up now.
Brandon hasn't sang the Sandy the Squirrell song yet though so I guess he's not too sad to be home. "Wish I was in Texas. Prettiest place in the world. Wish I was in Texas, the ocean's no place for a squirel. BarBQ and Pecan pies...." Whenever I start hearing him sing that, I know he's homesick.
Anyway, for those of you we saw when we were down there, We love you and miss you already. We enjoyed your hospitality and can't wait to see you again!

No comments:
Post a Comment