Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Kids Make Supper

This kind of goes with the post below.  I took the pictures and showed off the skirts I had made, then I  let them cook and we had to do more pictures of that and then I braided up their hair so that's even later but because I edited the pictures, those came first... but anyway, it was on that day but I didn't get around to posting it until today.


and of course we need a brother picture!


Noah dragging his favorite blanket around.  :)  Now that he's walking most of the time, he has to develop a new way to get it where he wants it. 


 I gave them some options and let each of the oldest three kids pick one item they wanted to make for supper.  This is what was on the menu.


 Filling the pan with water.  *Yes, I need to do dishes.  :P*


 Emma opening the peas she picked for supper (or trying...she did about 1/3 of the can and her hand got tired) 


 Waiting patiently for his turn to open the thing he picked.


 Waiting on the water to boil.



Dumping the peas



Adding butter to the peas.



Yes, I think a few germs were spread in the tasteing of the butter... They all had to add a scoop.  I asked Abby to get a spoon, intending to then pass it around and let them all use the same spoon but as you can see, Emma and Isaiah were quick to find their own spoons.  Isaiah found the Ice cream scoop for his spoon. 


What?  I didn't taste the butter!  Oh no!  That wasn't me!


Me:  Hey, while we wait for the water to boil, why don't you take this sponge and wipe the table.  Then we can put these plates and forks on the table and set it.
(They were convinced that water boiling only takes minuts as you can see from the quick job they did to wipe and set the table.)  

Still waiting...


Still Waiting....


Still waiting....

(Looking back, I should have taken some pictures of them waiting *patiently, oh so patiently* (NOT!) on the water to boil...but you get the idea.

Waiting...

Waiting...


and finally!


Stirring. 
(Yes, I need to wipe the stove.  A particular Spaghetti Maker who shall not be named cooked the night before this and is a messy cook!  And a particular Stove Wiper/Dishes washer who shall not be named neglected to clean it up until *gasp* breakfast...two days later!)



 Isaiah's turn to stir.  Me helping so he wouldn't flip it on himself or something awful like that.


Here's what we picked/made for dinner.  :)



And skip a few days.  This is today!  :)

Emma showing off her sense of style.  :)  Isn't she adorable!


She's writing a letter to someone.  She doesn't know who.  Just someone.

No comments: