
Can you believe that I made these dresses for the girls just before Emma was born. I made the "correct" size for them according to the weight and height but they were a little big. They still fit nearly a year later and are probably really the "correct" size just now! :)

Aren't they cute?

Abby's favorite activity when she's not playing with little people, dolls, or outside...watching TV. She likes Mickey Mouse best of all but also loves Tigger and Pooh and Lady and The Tramp pretty well too. Pretty much any movie will do.

Emma likes the slides!

Emma on a slide at the park near our house.

Emma showing off her cute smile. You can't really see it but she FINALLY has a tooth! (There was just one at the time we took this picture about 2 weeks ago but there are 3 now!)

Abby was swinging much faster than Emma so her pictures are blurry. This is the best you get.

Look at that little smirk on Emma's face. When we got them down to do something else, Emma didn't want to go. She clung on to the swing and cried and tried to get back up in it.

The girls swinging.

Going down a slide together.

Look at them "driving" the car.

Abby and Brandon are driving.

Emma smiling for the camera.

Abby has been giving me this look lately when I take her picture. Silly little girl! Just smile! Don't be goofy!

The girls love playing outside. They play outside nearly everyday if the weather is nice. (We've gotten a lot of rain lately) They have a tricycle and a plastic car they play with out there and a handful of balls and easter eggs. On this day, I put their kitchen thingy out there for them to play with but we hope to get them a swing or something someday because they LOVE playing outside.

When she's not playing outside, Emma likes to "help" me with my scrapbooking stuff. If I leave the table for even one minute this is what I come back to. I always have to move the chair away from this table and put it at the dining room table so she can't get up there.

One morning, I found Abby in the living room, sorting though our laundry pile. I asked her where Emma was. (It's really rare that only one of them be awake at a time in the mornings. They nearly always get each other up to play.) She said, "sleeping! I'm giving her blankets, Mommy. Emma is cold!" So I went to look at the bed and this is what I found. Emma, covered in towels and blankets from the laundry pile.
***
Update on the pregnancy:
We went into false labor on May 12th. My contractions started arond 6-8 pm. (I don't know the exact time because I was ignoring them and they didn't hurt or anything.) By 9 that night, they were every 2 minutes and getting stronger. We got stuff ready, "just in case" and went to bed. By 4 am the next morning, they were so strong I couldn't sleep and still every 2 minutes. We went to the hospital (got there around 8:30 because of all the other things we had to do..droping kids off, paying bills, feeding the dog, loading the car....) and they were still every 2 minutes apart. After we had been there for a while, they died down and eventually stopped at about 10:30. We were released (dialated only to a 1 and "a wiggle") and sent home. She said, "It can be anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks." (THANKS, I already knew that. :) ) We've had contractions off and on nearly every day since then but never regular enough to send us to the hospital again. We're hoping he'll come soon because we aren't very patient but we know it's all in God's hands.
By the way, we have officially weaned the kids from the binkies! I know it took us FOREVER! We took them away cold turkey April 17 and they have been binky free since then. Today, there was one in the middle of the floor and they both walked right over it without even touching it but they did see it. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment