
I grew up in both Texas and Colorado. I spent the first half of my life in Texas and the second half of my life in Colorado, starting in 5th grade. I returned to Texas for college and met my husband in July of 03 at church. He had moved to Dallas to be closer to college instead of commuting. Coincidentally, he moved into my same apartment complex so we were neighbors and that is how we started hanging out and dating.
We began dating in September 2003 and were engaged one year later. Because we were graciously offered the money for our wedding, we had a short engagement and were married in January of 05. We lived in a small town south of Dallas so that I could still attend school and he could work for his family further south of Dallas.
In July of 05, we found out we were pregnant. We were very excited but this first child was not to be. In August of 2005, we had a miscarriage after 11 weeks of pregnancy. August was a trying month. Just a few weeks before the miscarriage, we lost the older of our two dogs when he was run over by a truck.
In September of 2005, we began to think about a career in the military but were only halfway sure we could do it.
We found out we were pregnant for the second time in March 2006 almost about the same time as our first baby's due date would have been. We began to think more seriously about the Air Force after that. My husband taked to a recruiter and got the paperwork filled out. The recruiter worked with us to get him in as quickly as possible so that he would be out of bootcamp and possibly Tech School before the baby's due date in October.
We survived BASIC training and found out that his Tech School was one of the shorter ones and that it was fairly close to our home so that I could visit him sometimes.
In mid July, we moved to his first base in South Carolina. Our things were still in Texas, waiting for the movers to come pack and move them. (Next time, we'll move ourselves. :) )
Because of some paperwork errors and who knows what else, our things could not be brought to us until early October so we spent the first few months living with an empty house. We had two pans, a handful of cups, plates, etc, a computer, a dog crate, an air mattress, and a few suitcases in our house for until our stuff arrived. One of Brandon's superiors found out that his VERY pregnant wife was sleeping on a 6 in deep air mattress and gave us a bed. We were very thankful for that one piece of furniture.
On October 30, the day before her due date, our first child arrived weighing 7lbs 6 oz and mesasuring 19 and 1/2 inches long. (She scored 9 on both her 1 min and 5 min APGAR tests) and she was born at 4:56 pm. We named her Abigail Christine.
Abby was a good sleeper from the beginning, sleeping nearly 6 hours almost every night. She did not eat every 2 hours but waited 3-4 hours and ate heartilly then.
She is now nearly four months old and she weighs 13 lbs 4 oz (or she did on Feb 1. rather). She usually goes to sleep from around 9-11 pm and wakes up between 7 and 9 am. If I was to let her, she would eat and promptly go back to sleep until noon! She's such a lazy, adorable baby! :) She is smiling all the time and laughs quite frequently as well. She loves to be played with and laughs most commonly for her daddy although she has been known to laugh into the phone and to laugh when she watches the dog play. (She especially likes to watch the dog play with the most annoying squeak toys that she can find.)
Abby has started eating baby foods every once in a while and is not a picky eater at all. She loves lights and will look at them for long peroids of time. She also loves to look at pictures on the walls. She enjoys her swing and her door jumper. She's growing up WAY to fast for us.
Brandon is still enjoying his job in the Air Force and is proud of what he does. This month he is in Honor Guard and gets to wear a nice uniform to work everyday instead of his BDUs.
I am enjoying the life of a housewife and a mother. Abby and I spend more time playing together than doing the dishes or laundry, I suppose but I just love to spend every moment I can cherishing her short baby-hood.
Anyway, I guess that about catches you up. Feel free to post comments! I'd love to hear from you!
4 comments:
Becky,
This is your favorite mother-in-law.
You sound so absolutely happy with your life with my son and granddaughter, I am ecstatic for that.
This is a cool thing for you to do, glad you thought of it.
Better go to bed, have to work in the am.
I Love you guys so very much.
Love,
MOM
Thank you Becky! I love the pictures, too! (Aunt Janet)
Awww, what a sweet family! I can't wait to meet my favorite niece! Love you guys!
Rachel
Sean said...
Hey there, good idea with the blog. Email me your phone number so I can call you guys some time.
Post a Comment